There’s so much we ask from front doors! We expect them to protect from intruders and the elements, to make a difference – aesthetically speaking, to function smoothly, to require nearly no maintenance – to make an entrance.
But wait a minute. What do all these things have to do with the front door design options? Well, they are things you cannot ignore when trying to choose a front door. Who would compromise security for good looks? And it’s not just that.
The front door design considerations
A front door serves many purposes, one of which is to carry in and out stuff – often big. And so, choosing the right size, deciding on whether to get a double or single door is important but a factor that will also influence the design. And there’s more.
The size of the entry door and the way it opens are both subject to the space available in the house. You may fall in love with a huge wooden door. But if there’s not enough space indoors to open the door all the way, you cannot get this door, no matter how much you love the design.
One last thing before we talk about door designs. Some of the most fabulous front door designs are models made of glass. But you need to remember that glass doors are not as durable as wood doors, while there’ll be nothing hidden under the sun – so to say, in terms of your privacy.
The good news? If you remember the considerations, rely on a good door installation company, and thoroughly think of your personal needs, you will make a great choice. After all, the door designs are infinite.
Front door designs to dress up all homes of the world
The options among front door designs are not only endless but also breath-taking. Let us walk you through some of the most popular, yet extraordinary designs & options.
Two of the things that define the front door design is the material and the color. The choices and combinations possible here are infinite.
• Naturally, wood doors are classic beauties. And the good news is that the natural wood grains today are not particularly traditional and strict, but can easily fall into the minimalistic architecture category. Wood and glass combined is also a great choice if you like small windows at the top of the door, although this is a more traditional approach which can break if you opt for an intense, unconventional color.
• If you have the space, double entry doors are truly impressive and due to the grand opening, they allow easy traffic. They also make it easy for you, if you carry lots of shopping bags or big objects or furniture. The material is usually wood, which can or cannot be matched with glass.
• Talking about sufficient foyer space, pivot doors are truly extraordinary. The material may be glass, wood, or metal – with a patina look as well, if you like this style.
• Sometimes, it’s not the door that attracts the attention but the design of the frame. That’s one way to make a difference.
• If you have no privacy issues or security concerns, glass front doors are exquisite – especially if they are combined with wood or metal. They are the epitome of minimalism.
• Then again, you may have an ordinary – so to say, wood entry door but with a unique timber pattern. Or get a vinyl or metal door with a floral design.
• A splendid idea is to have the custom entry door texturized with stone-like panels that overlap and create an unusual design. The panels may be of different size – even a slightly different color, to give the impression of a sculpture.
• Do you know what will also make a huge impression? The unusual size. Given that you have the space required, you may order a really wide or tall door.
• The color and the pattern are both incredibly important variables of the overall aesthetic of the door. The color range is huge, with bold colors taking the lead and intense colors screaming for attention. Or you may go for a wood door with a wave design, texture, or lots of grooves or panes.
The sky is the limit when it comes to the front door design options. Always remember that the hardware – anything from the hinges to the level, will affect the aesthetic part of the door too.